I have not talk to my brother for at least a month! Only short conversation via facebook and that leads to misunderstandings. Was really busy with school and work.. However, the air is clearer after speaking to him on the phone. Phew, he was far more mature than I thought. As the eldest, I don't really wish to see my own siblings taking the wrong path. I know their decision is beyond my control, but I just want to make sure that the decision is well thought of.
Speaking of school, I had my laptop attacked by virus while I was doing my assignment.. Halfway at 2am on the submission day itself. Seriously it scares the shit out of me because it's a group project and not an individual work! Was screaming for help in fb, and managed to find poor sim who's the only IT guy online at that hour, and get him on skype for further rescue. For the first time in 2.5 decade, I went to the setup screen and look for the safe mode! Was glad things are still intact in safe mode.. This took me and sim about 1/2 hour. And there I am, very wide awake after a panic situation, continuing my assignment until 5 am.. Using safe mode.
Right after submission of my assignment, I did my own formatting.. Again, for the first time in 2.5 decade. Cannot afford to wait for someone to help me out, or to get a new laptop at the point of time is no no.. Bcs I had no laptops in mind to buy. I don't want to get something that I will end up disliking later on. I need a laptop so urgently for another project submission in a few days time. So, I dig out my recovery disc, which is like searching for a needle in the deep blue sea, and format plus setting it up. With the help of chow wei and ck over skype, it wasn't as difficult as I thought. Laptop is now running like brand new - the only exception is the outdated OS.
I've proven Toshiba laptop's durability - 5.5 years and still functioning :p
Next sat's gonna be another exam. Carol is going on long vacation leave. Hopefully it's not gonna be a disastrous week to me, and CCM please be good to me!
Sunday, October 21, 2012
Labels:
colleagues,
Family,
Friends,
studies

No comments:
Post a Comment