Thinking back. My parents bought a double storey terrace house at he same age as of me now. They have 3 children to feed and I remember how thrifty mom used to be.. And barely she has more than rm 10 left in her wallet. I used to help her to memorize the prices of vegetables that she buy, and will alert her if the price is cheaper somewhere else. Haha, I'm an adult wannabe back then. I was about 7 that time, i remember the age so well because thats when our family move out from my grandparent's place. Well that's my character since I was a kid.. Couldn't bear seeing mom paying more than she could.
Well it's not that we need to beg for food but we are saving every cents possible in case we need it.
I seriously salute her determination to save up a lump sum of money to buy our home at about rm70k back then. Even I'm earning SGD now, I couldn't even afford a rm 70k house or car - probably there are other external factors like social life that were not so emphasized during the old days.
But then about 1 year later our lives changed tremendously after grandpa finally decides to pass down all his remaining his wealth to my dad. Tremendously.. Until it turns out to be a disaster.
It turns out to be a painful past. When I was younger I told myself that if I have the chance to choose, I will rather choose to help mom to remember where she can get her fresh vegetables at the cheapest price.
I thrive so hard to get away from the pain.. finally i manage to survive, and this is what sets me thinking today.
But then I'm glad I have my grandparent and aunties being so supportive and parenting me and my siblings like their own kids. Can never forget their kindness, not many people are as lucky as me to have them as close relatives :)
the past is now over.. We always look forward to the future. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel. And learn from mistakes, your own as well as others. Life's too short to let you have all the trial and error :)
Just another emo post, don't forget I'm a human :p

No comments:
Post a Comment